Lenz is currently seeking a Public Relations Intern. The ideal candidate has:
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- An understanding of and passion for public relations.
- The employee should be organized, very productive, strong working on teams, and comfortable and flexible in a fast-paced, business environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with writing and editing blogs, press releases, and client bios.
- Interviewing subjects.
- Transcribing audio interviews.
- Research and fact-checking.
- Updating master media contact list.
- Compiling media email lists for organic press release distributions.
- Updating client editorial calendars.
- Requesting client art and photos when needed.
- Monitoring and compiling quarterly client media reports, including spreadsheets and Keynote slides.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects/activities with other departments, outside agencies, or other organizations as needed. This would include social media marketing.
Required skills and attributes:
- A current college senior.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Understanding of media relations best practices.
- High competency level on computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities (Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, Keynote, etc.)
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work on a deadline.
- Ability to work well both individually and within a team setting. Positive, enthusiastic, and hard-working attitude.
- Willingness to continually learn and hone your craft.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Approximately 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule TBD.
- Internship will run January – May 2022.
- Will likely include a hybrid of remote and in-office work.
- $15 hourly pay.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to Jon Waterhouse (email@example.com). Ideally, writing samples should reflect a range of topics and formats. If available, consider providing samples written for marketing or promotional purposes.
Thank you for your interest in Lenz!