Lenz recently hosted “Marketing Telehealth in the time of COVID-19,” a webinar designed to help healthcare providers navigate the opportunities and challenges they are facing during the pandemic.
The webinar was presented by Vice President of Marketing Mike Killeen and Marketing Specialist Tom Bell.
Over 70 participants tuned in for a discussion concerning how hospitals, physician practices, healthcare leaders, and clinicians can make the most of telehealth to care for their patients during this crisis while positioning their practices for growth when the crisis has passed. Killeen and Bell also examined how best practices for branding, marketing, and communications can be applied to telehealth for better results.
- Major telehealth trends and how they impact our audiences.
- What practices are doing now to adopt telehealth during the crisis.
- How loosening regulations have impacted healthcare business.
- Best practices for branding telehealth experience.
- How to successfully market telehealth services – and grow practices.
- Tips to improve video presentations when connecting with patients.
- Opportunities to plan for after the crisis subsides.
Among those who attended were:
- Hospital and practice administrators/leadership
- Chief Marketing officers
- Healthcare consultants
Didn’t get a chance to tune into the webinar live? You can view the full discussion here.
If you have any further questions about marketing telemedicine, the experts at Lenz Marketing would love to help. Click here to reach out to us today!