One of the most powerful tools for marketing healthcare is patient success stories. When potential patients see personal stories from healthcare providers they are considering, a number of objectives are accomplished. The first and most important, however, is that they create an emotional connection with the audience.
Successful marketing often relies on two appeals: emotional and functional. To explain this further, we’ll look at how patient success pieces are the perfect example of this.
By using the emotional appeal of other patients who successfully received treatment, patient success stories humanize the practice and the physicians. This allows potential customers to think “I see myself in this patient,” which not only makes the doctor more marketable but also creates a community with the audience of the blog. Each patient will see this physician featured in the story as valuable because the emotion of a successful treatment for another patient will translate onto the page.
Emotion is essential, especially in healthcare. Emotion also makes the complicated world of healthcare more understandable. Doctors and physicians may know the technical terms for treatments and diseases, but patients mostly know the experience of going through medical emergencies and pain. A patient success story relates to the latter in a way that medical jargon simply cannot.
Here are several other objectives that patient success stories accomplish:
- The medical facility and all of its staff are presented as capable. Any considering patient wants to make sure they’ll go to a skilled and professional physician.
- Personal stories show the intimate side of the medical staff. By having access to these real-life stories, prospective patients are led to make better judgments about the doctors they want to work with before they even step into the office. A patient success story that shows the doctor as kind, caring, and life-saving will always attract new patients.
- Patients trust other patients. If someone is looking for a doctor who specializes in knee care, success stories from other patients will only draw the person to the practice or doctor even more.
SouthCoast Health, a multi-specialty practice based in Savannah with 18 treatment locations and more than 120 health care providers, truly understands the benefits of this endeavor.
Lenz has brought numerous SouthCoast Health patient success stories to life. Here are just a few of the most recent examples:
- Dwan Smith, a woman who turned her health around after a heart scare thanks to the doctors at SouthCoast Health.
- Judy Williams, a loyal patient who has spent 30 years with SouthCoast Health.
- Jim McGaw, who tells his story of surviving a heart attack with the help of SouthCoast Health.
If you would like for Lenz to work with you and your healthcare company to generate more patient success stories, contact us here today or give us a ring at 404-373-2021.